Why Project Aegle Foundation?
PAF’s mission is to advance sustainable mobility solutions improving Malta’s traffic situation, thereby enhancing quality of life and environmental conditions for the Maltese population.
Who is Project Aegle Foundation?
PAF is affiliated with the Debono Group, who supports its staffing and operation. However there is a mix of collaborators hailing from different backgrounds such as academia and business driving much of the foundations programming. The foundation seeks to include the ideas and solutions of people from civil society at large, by seeking diverse opinions and thoughts about the issue, using those to advocate for sustainable mobility.
are clustered around the following pillars:
- Research – of sustainable solutions
- Pilot projects – PAF works on innovative ideas.
- Behaviour Change – accompanying technical solutions
- Advocacy – for sustainable mobility
Some of the work carried out by PAF includes:
1. Workshops and meetings with the team of collaborators together with experts in the field.
2. Keeping in contact with institutions, the public and businesses for feedback, opportunities and sponsorship.
3. The regular up keeping of our social media page and our blog to educate, to enhance public participation and to generate interest and discussions on various aspects of sustainable mobility opportunities in Malta.
4. Build awareness on sustainable trends of alternative modes of transport through questionnaires that will eventually lead to pilot projects regarding a better, free flowing mobility around the Maltese islands.
5. The collection and comparison of data, innovative ideas and behavioral changes on local traffic conditions together with the formulation of proposals/public releases which could aid to lessen the current problems.
6. Media Coverage: this includes press releases, newspaper articles both online and in print.
7. Funding partners: although we aim to occur as little costs as possible the Project needs support which isn’t always specifically monetary. Participation in our questionnaires, projects and ideas can be support too.